|Job Title:||Claims Handler|
|Salary:||£13.83 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-01-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Simone Grant|
|Job Published:||December 20, 2018 23:19|
Pertemps are looking for an experienced Claims Handler to support a local government area based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. You will be required to handle public liability claims bought against the Company, relating to Vehicle Damage, Property Damage and Personal Injury.
This vacancy is on a temporary basis expected to last until 31 March 2019. The pay rate is £13.83 per hour, which is £26,691 per annum. This position is full-time Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week. Part-time for 3 full days per week may be an option for the right candidate.
Previous experience of claims handling and insurance in general is required for this post, with detailed knowledge of the systems, policies, regulations, professional guidelines and legislation relevant to the work area.
The company's mission statement: Our vision is simple. To make a real difference to the people and communities we serve. Now, and for the future. This means safeguarding the vulnerable, creating opportunities, building self-reliance and keeping Buckinghamshire thriving and attractive. Its local communities are at the heart of everything it does. Whether it's new roads being built, helping parents get their children a school place or providing essential care and support to vulnerable children or elderly residents, this company are here to make a real difference to the people and communities it serves.
As a Claims Handler, the successful candidate will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Deliver specialised work to meet customer requirements & established operational targets, through the effective performance of a range of skilled activities e.g. investigating and responding to public liability claims, both property damage and injury claims.
- Respond to complex customer issues within the area of responsibility. Proactively identify areas of potential concern and recommend options / solutions.
- Escalate matters when appropriate.
- Proactively develop professional knowledge, skills and behaviours e.g. DSP, Insurance Act & changes to MoJ handling procedures.
- Support others in their development e.g. training new staff & sharing of knowledge.
- Check documents, information, decisions and / or presentations for quality, before delivery e.g. ensure claims decisions and payments are accurate. Fraud matters noticed & raised with Principal Insurance Officer.
- Act in accordance with all policies and procedures which apply to the job and understand the reasons for this e.g. following timescales for Portal & injury claims.
- Contribute to the success of the team by ensuring matters are dealt with in a fair & equitable way.
Skills & Abilities required for this post:
- Extensive relevant practical experience within the service or a related professional area demonstrating evidence of appropriate level of knowledge.
- Detailed knowledge of the systems, policies, regulations, professional guidelines and legislation relevant to the work area.
- Excellent ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications and specialist systems.
- Proven ability to explain technical/ specialist information in a way which a non-specialist can understand.
- Good planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workloads, monitor and evaluate work, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Experience of contributing to project delivery as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships and engage successfully with the stakeholder community.
Pertemps are able to offer an excellent rate of pay, holiday pay and a pension scheme to those who are PAYE, weekly pay, online payslips and online timesheets all within a supportive environment for you to work with good transport links.
If you are interested in this great career opportunity, please apply.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's