|Job Title:||Civilian Caterer|
|Salary:||£20,336.19 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-06-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 11:30|
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for a Civilian Caterer to assist in the preparation of meals in accordance with approved menus to meet specific criteria.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
£20,336.19 per annum. plus excellent benefits (including free meals and parking, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday)
Following a successful 6 month Probation, you would be expected to complete the next available 7 week PCO Training Course at £22,700 per annum then rising to £23,312 after 12 months following successful probation and assessment of skills. 37.5 hours per week (Shift work including weekends & bank holidays) this increases to 40 hours per week once PCO training is completed.Main responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, produce and portion menu dishes in line with the specification.
- Contribute to the delivery of relevant elements of the Establishment Contract, including agreed performance measures for the catering function.
- Ensure food is served to the highest presentable standard and quality.
- Comply and maintain records of cleaning schedules, temperature monitoring of food trolleys and freezers, tool checks, daily maintenance checks, security checks, daily kitchen record book and prisoner performance.
- Work according to and respond to all contingency and other plans required for the maintenance of security and control at the establishment
- Provide a quality of service that is professional, courteous and of a high standard.
- Comply with cleaning procedures, stock rotation and the Food Safety Act, SJS Health & Safety and Food Safety manual.
- Liaise with other departments regarding food matters.
* You will be required to undertake PCO training upon successfully completing the probation period.Ideal candidate
- Intermediate food hygiene.
- SVQ level 2 minimum.
- Experience of bulk catering
- Ability to demonstrate experience in a similar role.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Focused and dynamic team player whom can adapt rapidly to changing priorities.
- Experience of working within a secure environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's