Civil / Structural Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Civil / Structural Project Engineer|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Salary:||Up to £25.51 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Robert Cain|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2019 16:11|
Acorn is currently looking to fill a Civil/Structural Project Engineer position for a Major Client (Tata Steel) based in South Wales.
Job Title: Project Engineer (Civil/Structural).
Location: South Wales - Flexible.
Hourly Rate: £25.51 per hour.
Contract Hours: 36.5 per week.
Contract Length: 6 Month Agency Temporary.
Tata Steel is one of the worlds top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. Tata Steel is part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
We are recruiting for a Project Engineer on a temporary basis
The purpose of the role is to manage and contribute to key projects with a specific focus on external funding, in particular on topics related to obtaining support from Government and other funding bodies and to help deliver projects across the business. There may be opportunities and requests to work on projects outside the core area of responsibility.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
To assist and support Project Manager
· Set up and maintain a process for identifying and communicating new external funding opportunities from Innovate UK and other national and regional funding organisations. Initially the role will focus on the UK but will expand to wider funding opportunities to support MLE businesses, building on the experience gained in the UK.
· Develop and maintain a process for identifying Sector and other business area interests that can be matched on an on-going basis against identified external funding opportunities.
· Support the identification of project partners, particularly Small Medium Enterprises (SME), through external organisations such as the Knowledge Transfer Networks (KTN), Catapult Centres, Manufacturers Association and other industry bodies, as well the job-holders own growing external network.
· Ensure that any resulting systems have clear, documented, standards and processes that ensure long term stability of these processes including incorporation in relevant Quality Management Systems.
· Develop training tools to help proposal writing in Tata Steel as a whole through reference to previous proposal feedback, own experience and good practice guidance from the Knowledge Transfer Networks, for example.
· Support the promotion of Tata Steels wider open innovation activities through external presentations, Tata Steels social media capabilities and the provision of supporting slides and information for use by other parts of the organisation in external and internal communications.
· Proactively engage in Health, Safety and Well-being (HS&W) activities.
· Continually demonstrate, through communication and action, that HS&W is your top priority. Actively encourage and support ideas that to improve health, safety and well-being helping to create a zero harm environment.
Who we are looking for:
Ideally HND in relevant Discipline
Heavy Industry experience advantageous
· The job holder should have good interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills.
· The job holder should be a strong team worker, adaptable to changing priorities and circumstances.
· It is important that the jobholder has influencing and diplomatic skills, capable of being used with colleagues at all levels, from different functions and cultures.
· Ability to develop strong networks across a range of knowledge areas, inside and outside of the company, and to actively use these networks to identify and deliver externally leveraged opportunities in priority areas identified by the company
· Good written and verbal communication skills · Knowledge and demonstrable application of IT tools is essential. This should include spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and SharePoint and confidence in the use of communications technology such as Skype.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30 - £40 per hour
£30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
£28000 - £34000 per annum, Benefits: 5% pension, 25 days holiday
Civil Design Engineer
£30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: 23 days holiday, pension, Christmas bonus, competitive salary
Senior Civil Engineer
£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension