Citizen & Consumer Protection Officer
- Job Reference: 00032805-1
- Date Posted: 25 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
- Salary: £18.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Citizen & Consumer Protection Officer - Environmental Health (3 Month Contract - at least)
Location: B70 - West Bromwich
Salary: £18.00 p/h
Working Week: Mon-Fri, 37 Hours (Flexible)
We are working with Sandwell Council to find a suitably qualified and competent Environmental Health Practitioner registered with the Environmental Health Registration Board to work as a Citizen & Consumer Protection Officer - Environmental Health. The job will entail dealing with routine enquiries on the COVID-19 line. This post requires the post holder to undertake occasional out of hours duties and the ability to travel around the borough.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Under the general supervision of the Citizen & Consumer Protection Senior Officer to provide support and assistance to the general public and businesses within the borough.
* To ensure that all legislation and regulations enforced by the Citizen & Consumer Protection Team is complied with within Sandwell.
* To investigate complaints, both criminal and civil, made to the service and to do so to a standard whereby formal action can be taken if required.
* To carry out programmed inspections on businesses as required.
* To participate in joined up and coordinated activity with other teams within the service area to support the achievement of the overall aims and aspirations of the wider service area.
Skills & Experience
* Must be an Environmental Health Practitioner registered on the Environmental Health Registration Board.
* A detailed understanding of the relevant Enforcement Powers is essential.
* Excellent communication skills.
* A full UK driving license.
Please call us at HancoxRead Recruitment, or apply via the link today