|Job Title:||Chef x2|
|Salary:||£20000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow Stevenage|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 11:38|
Key Responsibilities of Chef
- Providing a good quality catering service, working as part of a team that is producing approximately 600 meals daily from a centralised kitchen whist maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Providing Salads, sandwiches, puddings and general food preparation when required.
- Providing well balanced, nutritional, varied and well-presented meals.
- Ensuring all stock is used in strict rotation.
- Maintaining the kitchen and ancillary areas to a high standard of hygiene.
- Executing all work following safe working practices.
- Working to a flexible rota, thereby ensuring that the needs of the service are met at all times.
- Ensuring that all meals chosen from the pre-ordering system are received and that all ethnic, religious and dietary requirements are met.
- Checking that food is well presented, of an appropriate/safe temperature and appropriately cooked prior to dispatch.
- Maintaining accurate records of catering activities, particularly temperature records and quality monitoring.
- Attending department meetings when required.
- Attending statutory and mandatory training.
- Abiding by departmental protocols and company policies and procedures.
- Serving and delivering food when required.
- 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent (or equivalent experience)
- To be able to work on your own initiative as well as in a team in a busy kitchen environment
- To have had previous experience working in a similar kitchen environment.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we are offering an attractive salary package and a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
All successful candidates will need to undertake a DBS check
If you have the necessary skills and experience needed for the Chef role based in Royston, then please apply today