|Job Title:||Chef x2|
|Salary:||£20000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow Stevenage|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 11:38|
Key Responsibilities of Chef
- Providing a good quality catering service, working as part of a team that is producing approximately 600 meals daily from a centralised kitchen whist maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Providing Salads, sandwiches, puddings and general food preparation when required.
- Providing well balanced, nutritional, varied and well-presented meals.
- Ensuring all stock is used in strict rotation.
- Maintaining the kitchen and ancillary areas to a high standard of hygiene.
- Executing all work following safe working practices.
- Working to a flexible rota, thereby ensuring that the needs of the service are met at all times.
- Ensuring that all meals chosen from the pre-ordering system are received and that all ethnic, religious and dietary requirements are met.
- Checking that food is well presented, of an appropriate/safe temperature and appropriately cooked prior to dispatch.
- Maintaining accurate records of catering activities, particularly temperature records and quality monitoring.
- Attending department meetings when required.
- Attending statutory and mandatory training.
- Abiding by departmental protocols and company policies and procedures.
- Serving and delivering food when required.
- 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent (or equivalent experience)
- To be able to work on your own initiative as well as in a team in a busy kitchen environment
- To have had previous experience working in a similar kitchen environment.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we are offering an attractive salary package and a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
All successful candidates will need to undertake a DBS check
If you have the necessary skills and experience needed for the Chef role based in Royston, then please apply today
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£15 per hour
St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£10 - £15 per hour + Holiday Pay, Pension and flexible hours.
£10.00 - £11.00 per hour + Variable Benefits
£33,000 - £35,000
Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + performance Bonus + Discounts