Chef - Shaftesbury
|Job Title:||Chef - Shaftesbury|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 15:47|
Job Title: Chef
Salary: £11 per Hour Overtime Paid - Term Time
Duration: Full Time Permanent - 39 working weeks per year + Overtime during off term
Start Date: ASAP
37.5 hours per week including weekends on a rota based on a straight shift working pattern.
Chef required for a boarding school in Shaftesbury cooking for around 350 students daily. These would include mornings and evenings on a batch cooking basis of fresh produce for the students on site.
Commis Chef Main Purpose:
- To assist the Head and all other chef in the preparation of the menus
- To ensure all statutory regulations in respect of Health and Safety, Personnel and Kitchen are maintained.
- To maintain standards of food production and food presentation.
- To attend training as required.
- To carry out any reasonable request of the Management or Head Chef.
- To assist with maintaining standards in the kitchen.
- To maintain a high standard of dress and behaviour at all times.
- To ensure cleaning rotas are adhered to.
- To prepare and/or serve at any special function which may be held outside normal working hours.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Food and Safety Act 1990 are adhered to.
- To attend training sessions and staff meetings.
- To work on non-term time requirements - i.e. functions and visitors
Commis Chef Responsibilities Include:
* Ensure that all food is served in accordance to the Head Chef and management team wishes and to the acquired standards
* To adhere to all food safety, health & safety; environment; risk; client satisfaction; and quality
* You will work alongside your team to developing your standards of performance.
* Continued professional development in industry sector
* To organise and assist in the planning, production and presentation of meals
* To assist the Chef management team as appropriate and where necessary in order to maintain the high levels of food standards and presentation and over-all effectiveness of the staff output.
* To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers' special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
* To assist in pre service briefing of colleagues with regard to dish content, portion sizes, service utensils and accompaniments.
* To organise and produce school functions as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours. Such functions will be shared between the chef team on a rota basis.
* To assist with the organisation and production of external functions as required by the school.
* Ensure that appropriate methods of cooking and presentation are used to maintain the highest standards of production and service.
* Ensure that legal and company regulations regarding hygiene, health and safety are complied with.
* Assist with the maintenance of goods received system to ensure statutory and quality standards are maintained.
* Assist with the monitoring of production and wastage.
* Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
* Promote a good company image to customers and visitors and use positive customer service practices.
* Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards
* To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department's activities.
* To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
* To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
The ideal Commis Chef:
* Essential Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
* Own transport
* Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
* Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
* Basic Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Certificates
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's