Blue Arrow Norwich are looking for experienced and motivated Chefs of all grades. We have full and part time roles which can include weekends. We temporary positions with the opportunity of going permanent for the right candidates. High standards are absolutely essential, and you must be capable of running a kitchen confidently, efficiently and successfully in our Head Chef's absence.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Previous Chef Experience to support service efficiently
* Will maintain a high standard of production, quality, presentation and cleanliness.
* Fresh food preparation- Embracing our client's food culture. Working with fresh food is a must as everything is prepared on side including all cakes, pastry and pies.
* A drive to assist the Head Chef/Chef Manager in pushing the menu and the business forward
* Keen eye for detail and consistency
* Strong Food Safety and Health and Safety understanding
* Stay calm under pressure & generally have a good temperament
* To ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
* To ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
* To ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or passed correctly garnished, the correct portion and size, presented on the prescribed serving dish in the prescribed manner and to the Head Chefs requirements.
* To ensure that your section is being kept clean and tidy at all times.
* To ensure that junior members of the team receive the necessary training and optimum guidance.
* To ensure that any anticipated shortages are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
* To ensure that all team members behave in a professional manner at all times and that all staff under your control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
* To deputise in the head chef's absence and take charge of the kitchen when directed to do so.