Chef Manager (Term Time Only)
|Job Title:||Chef Manager (Term Time Only)|
|Start Date:||2019-08-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Chloe Bromley|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 17:11|
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager, with excellent cookery and communication skills to lead the catering operation for a Primary school in Manchester.
The role will suit engaging Chef Managers with a strong attention to compliance and comfortable combining both cooking and administration in their role, teamed with a passion for food and customer experience.
This role offers working 32.5 hours per week 39 weeks per year – Monday to Friday.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Lead the preparation, delivery and production of quality food for students on site across breakfast, lunch and break periods.
- Manage the catering service offer which includes themed days, parent tasters, school council taster sessions and customer surveys
- Manage the kitchen team to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop a food offering to ensure it consistently meets the needs of our customer including allergens and nutrition
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Previous experience as a Chef Manager or Head Chef, within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Experience of managing a team to deliver service excellence
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- NVQ Chef/Catering qualifications or equivalent
- Good administration skills
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's