|Salary||£21,500 - £22,500||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic, self-motivated Chef Manager with excellent communication skills to lead the student catering operation for Oasis Academy Coulsdon. As a Chef Manager you will plan, organise and co-ordinate the delivery of all services in line with the Service Level Agreement
This position will suit an experienced Chef Manager with a passion for food, who is skilled in food delivery and customer experience, is good at situational decision making and has a good eye for detail.
This role offers working term time only, Monday to Friday.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
• Lead a secondary school catering operation, ensuring that we deliver an efficient and quality service to our customers
• Manage and develop the catering team, providing support, training and coaching as required
• Nurture client relationships in order to develop them for a long term partnership
• Develop a food offering to ensure it consistently meets the needs of our customer, including allergens and nutrition
• Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted level
• Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food HygieneIdeal candidate
• Previous experience as a Catering Manager, Supervisor or Chef Manager
• Excellent communication skills and customer focus / customer service
• Experience of managing a team to deliver service excellence
• Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
• NVQ Chef/Catering qualifications or equivalent
• Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.