Chef Manager -School - Basingstoke -
|Job Title:||Chef Manager -School - Basingstoke -|
|Salary:||£0.00 - £21000.00 per annum + Term Time only|
|Start Date:||August 2019|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 15:04|
Chef Manager - School - Basingstoke- £21,000 PA Term Time Only
Are you a Chef Manager or strong Head Chef looking for a step up? Do you have experience working within a School or Contract Catering enviroment and is used to produce large numbers?
If so then look no further…
Chef Manager required for a Secondary School in Basingstoke. The role offers Mon - Fri day time working hours, Term Time Only on a 40 hour working week.
You will be catering for the Pupils and staff on site within a café/restaurant cooking fresh lunch, paninis, grab and go dishes, snacks and some events such as BBQ, themed evenings and some hospitality.
Responsibilities of role
- To deliver and provide food & beverages for the pupils and staff on site to the highest standard
- To prepare grab and go, Paninis, desserts and fresh food from fresh ingredients
- Implement and maintain statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Management administration duties, weekly book work to be completed, stock takes, Inputting of invoices and meal numbers.
- Implement regular theme events to provide interest and to increase revenue
- Production of new menu cycle and theme menus
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships both with company individuals and client personnel at all levels
- Recruit, coach & mentor team, set goals & develop individuals on an on-going basis
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A "can do" attitude
- Previous experience in a school environment would be an advantage as would experience in a busy contract catering site.
- The drive and enthusiasm to generate additional income, through encouraging additional sales
- Basic food hygiene, health and safety and NVQ L2 qualifications as a minimum
- Basic IT skills
Our ideal candidate will
- Be a real "people person"
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage a team
- Be financially astute with the ability to work within budget and contract targets
If you are interested in this role APPLY NOW
For other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please call Anna on 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please get in touch now!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's