Chef Manager - Retirement Complex - Reading
Are you a Chef Manager or strong Sous Chef looking for a step up? Do you have experience working within a care site and/or Restaurant and are for a work life balance? If so, this job is for you;
You will be catering for the residents on site within a café/bistro restaurant cooking fresh, traditional dishes, light meals and afternoon tea.
This role requires somebody who is friendly and outgoing, and will be happy to talk with the residents and build up rapport.
- Chef Manager
- £26,500 p.a
- 5 days out of 7
- Working 2 weekends out of 3
- Hours are 8am-4pm
- January start
- To deliver and provide food & beverages for the residents and visitors at site of the highest standard
- To prepare fresh, seasonal, traditional and speciality style menus from fresh ingredients
- Implement and maintain statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Management administration duties, including cashing up, weekly stock take, payroll, completion of the weekly accounts
- Implement regular theme events to provide interest to the clients and to increase revenue
- Production of new menu cycle and theme menus
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships both with company individuals and client personnel at all levels
- Recruit, coach & mentor team, set goals & develop individuals on an on-going basis
- A "can do" attitude
- Previous experience in a care environment would be an advantage as would experience of a commercial café or restaurant environment.
- The drive and enthusiasm to generate additional income, through encouraging additional sales
- Basic food hygiene, health and safety and NVQ L2 qualifications as a minimum
- Flexibility in working hours and days
- Basic IT skills
The ideal candidate will
- Be a real 'foodie' with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Be a real "people person"
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage a small team
- Be financially astute with the ability to work within budget and contract targets
- Be sympathetic to our customers' needs
Please apply online or call Amy on 01635 34949