Chef Manager - Assisted Living Site - Caversham
|Job Title:||Chef Manager - Assisted Living Site - Caversham|
|Salary:||£23500.00 - £24000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sam Hodson|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 16:05|
Are you a Chef Manager or strong Sous Chef looking for a step up? Do you have experience working within a care site and looking to progress to a Chef Manager role?
If so then look no further...
Chef Manager required for a brand new assisted living site in Reading. The role offers day time working hours, £12 per hour on a 37.5 hour working week.
You will be catering for the residents on site within a café/bistro restaurant cooking fresh, traditional dishes, snacks menu and afternoon tea.
Resopnsibilities of the role...
- To deliver and provide food & beverages for the residents and visitors at site of the highest standard
- To prepare fresh, seasonal, traditional and speciality style menus from fresh ingredients
- Implement and maintain statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Management administration duties, including cashing up, weekly stock take, payroll, completion of the weekly accounts
- Implement regular theme events to provide interest to the clients and to increase revenue
- Production of new menu cycle and theme menus
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships both with company individuals and client personnel at all levels
- Recruit, coach & mentor team, set goals & develop individuals on an on-going basis
Our ideal candidate will possess..
- A "can do" attitude
- Previous experience in a care environment would be an advantage as would experience of a commercial café or restaurant environment.
- The drive and enthusiasm to generate additional income, through encouraging additional sales
- Basic food hygiene, health and safety and NVQ L2 qualifications as a minimum
- Flexibility in working hours and days
- Basic IT skills
Our ideal candidate will...
- Be a real 'foodie' with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Be a real "people person"
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage a small team
- Be financially astute with the ability to work within budget and contract targets
- Be sympathetic to our customers' needs
If you are interested in this role APPLY NOW
For other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please call Sam on 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please get in touch now!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's