|Salary||£30,000 - £33,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
As chef manager your role is to plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the catering operational business area and to ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area. You will contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area in line with client and Sodexo expectations.Package description
£30,000 - £33,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreMain responsibilities
- Work in the kitchen assisting in the daily preparation of food, making roads and innovations into creating food concepts, promotions, healthy eating and sustainable fish options
- Comply with all company and client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health and Safety, Safe Working Practices, Hygiene, Cleanliness, Fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the workplace and training of staff in these.
- Liaise with Cookchill, Grab & Go, Vending, Walmer House, Chefs and Management on all food service issues.
- Plan and cost menus to meet the food service offer specified in the contract using Recipe Online and Chef's Work to ensure compliance with fixed food cost. Ensure compliance with menu planning, ordering and stock control procedures — ordering from Sodexo nominated suppliers.
- Walk the floor during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered, speak to customers to gain feedback on the service provided. On a daily basis complete pre and post service briefings with all staff to ensure they are fully informed of the menu items, promotions etc.
- Ensure all team members receive the appropriate statutory training as may be necessary to perform their job and improve performance and promotion prospects.
- Hold 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent, RIPHH and IOSH Certificates
- Working knowledge of Cook Chill Catering
- Work Knowledge HACCAP
- Driving Licence
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.