|Location||South East London, London||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £32000.00 per annum + Negotiable||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are looking for an experienced Chef Manager to manage the Kitchen responsibilities at this well know College Campus site in Greenwich area.
As a Chef Manager you will be responsible for a team of 11 staff, ensuring training, development and management of the team. You will be financially responsible and able to manage budget and costs.
The ideal Chef Manager will have a strong understanding of all Food Hygiene/ Health & Safety procedures, Strong financial understanding and a proven background within contract catering. You will be comfortable in dealing with Clients on a regular basis. To be successful you'll need to have experience as a Chef Manager in a B&I staff dining OR School Environment.
- Job Role: Chef Manager
- Sector: School Education
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £32,000.0 p.a - Negotiable
- Location: SE8 - Greenwich, London
- Hours: 40 hours per week - 5 out of 7 days
Key Responsibility: (Chef Manager)
- To take full operational responsibility for food production and services including hands on as required (Breakfast, lunch, hot snacks, small deli, Dinner & hospitality)
- To take full responsibility for stock management including purchasing, storage, monthly stock takes and wastage.
- To effectively manage, train and lead the Catering team ensuring a motivated, efficient and organised team
- To have a pro-active and thorough approach to the management of Food Safety and Health and Safety maintaining exceptional standards in this area in line with legislation and company policy.
- Effectively manage cost of sales/budget to required targets through efficient purchasing, stock management and the pro-active control of wastage
- Be a proven, hands-on leader and naturally out going and vibrant
- Be innovative and creative
- Have excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate great attention to detail
- Be up to date with current food trends
Skills/Experience required: (Chef Manager)
- Previous experience in contract catering sites
- Effective Communicator; Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Strong Team Leader
- Experience in a similar role
- Candidates to have 706/1 and 706/2 qualification OR NVQ Equivalent qualification
- Level 3 Food & Health Safety qualification is advantageous
Click apply today or contact Chandril Sood on 0208 427 6199 for further details.