|Job Title:||Chef Manager|
|Location:||South East London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £32000.00 per annum + Negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2019 13:17|
We are looking for an experienced Chef Manager to manage the Kitchen responsibilities at this well know College Campus site in Greenwich area.
As a Chef Manager you will be responsible for a team of 11 staff, ensuring training, development and management of the team. You will be financially responsible and able to manage budget and costs.
The ideal Chef Manager will have a strong understanding of all Food Hygiene/ Health & Safety procedures, Strong financial understanding and a proven background within contract catering. You will be comfortable in dealing with Clients on a regular basis. To be successful you'll need to have experience as a Chef Manager in a B&I staff dining OR School Environment.
- Job Role: Chef Manager
- Sector: School Education
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £32,000.0 p.a - Negotiable
- Location: SE8 - Greenwich, London
- Hours: 40 hours per week - 5 out of 7 days
Key Responsibility: (Chef Manager)
- To take full operational responsibility for food production and services including hands on as required (Breakfast, lunch, hot snacks, small deli, Dinner & hospitality)
- To take full responsibility for stock management including purchasing, storage, monthly stock takes and wastage.
- To effectively manage, train and lead the Catering team ensuring a motivated, efficient and organised team
- To have a pro-active and thorough approach to the management of Food Safety and Health and Safety maintaining exceptional standards in this area in line with legislation and company policy.
- Effectively manage cost of sales/budget to required targets through efficient purchasing, stock management and the pro-active control of wastage
- Be a proven, hands-on leader and naturally out going and vibrant
- Be innovative and creative
- Have excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate great attention to detail
- Be up to date with current food trends
Skills/Experience required: (Chef Manager)
- Previous experience in contract catering sites
- Effective Communicator; Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Strong Team Leader
- Experience in a similar role
- Candidates to have 706/1 and 706/2 qualification OR NVQ Equivalent qualification
- Level 3 Food & Health Safety qualification is advantageous
Click apply today or contact Chandril Sood on 0208 427 6199 for further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Relief Chef Manager
£28000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: plus mileage
Relief Chef Manager
£32000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: plus mileage
Chef Manager - Care Home
Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
£20000 - £28000 per annum
North West London
£23000 per annum