|Location||Barking, Essex||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £16.0 per hour||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Are you an enthusiastic individual with experience in School Catering? We are seeking for a Chef Manager to work for a School in East Ham/ Barking area for a leading Contract Catering Company.
As a Chef Manager you will have a background from Secondary school catering or contract catering sites and are looking to grow within the group. As a Chef Manager you will have an excellent presentation and communication skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and service and possess bags of enthusiasm. You must be a real foodie for this role.
As a Chef Manager you will be serving approx. 280 meals. You will be comfortable in dealing with Clients on a regular basis and support the Area Manager.
- Salary: £16.00 p/h OR £26,000.0 Term time
- Working hours: Monday to Friday (7.00am to 2.30 pm)
- Hours of Work: 36 hours per week, 44 term time
- Sector: School Education
- Location: E6 - East Ham/Barking
Key Responsibilities - Chef Manager
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers
- To control portion size and monitor waste
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order
- Responsible for undertaking weekly and monthly stock takes.
- To assist in the induction of new staff into their position.
Skills/Experience required - Chef Manager
- Effective Communicator; Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Strong Team Leader
- Experience in a similar role
- Level 3 Food & Health Safety qualification is advantageous
- Level 2 Food & Health Safety qualifications is essential
Click apply today or contact Chandril Sood on 0208 427 6199 for further details.