Blue Arrow are currently recruiting on behalf of one of our prestigious clients for a care home chef role in the Sheffield area.
This role will be within a Healthcare/care home environment.
35 hours per week, working 5 over 7 days.
Shifts will rotate between 7:30 to 15:30 or 9:30 to 17:30
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established team and further contribute to the great work they currently do.
We are looking to speak with experienced and professional chefs ideally having worked within a healthcare environment previously.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be aware of and work within company policies and procedures.
- To undertake the planning of menus taking account of different dietary needs, both medical and cultural, in consultation with residents and managers.
- To be vigilant with regard to standards of health and hygiene both personal and in relation to the kitchen and report any areas of concern to the senior cook/management team.
- To order, receive and check the quality and quantity of provisions delivered and report shortages and poor quality goods to management.
- To maintain the stock control system.
- To ensure that all food and non-foodstuffs are hygienically and securely stores away.
- To check and record fridge and freezer temperatures, clean and defrost fridge and freezer.
- To cater for special functions e.g. birthdays, festive season and unit parties.
- To participate flexibly in rotas and routines as required by the company.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and support systems.
- To participate in staff development, including induction and to attend company training.
- To receive supervision from senior cook.
- To undertake any other duties applicable to the grade and purpose of the post.
- Any other reasonable request made by a member of the management team.
- Cook/chef experience of a minimum 2 years
- Food Hygiene level 2 certificate or higher
- Healthcare/care home experience
- Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in this role please apply by attaching your CV to this application or call Ross on 0114 272 2600