|Salary||£9.50 - £10.00||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Main responsibilities
- To prepare, cook and present food for patients and staff breakfast, lunch and dinner following the agreed recipes and standards set by Sodexo and Client
- To follow all company and legal food hygiene regulations.
- To follow and comply with all health and safety regulations set by the company and legally required.
- To work in clean, tidy and efficient manner.
- Ensure that restaurant is clean and tidy at all times
- Provide helpful and friendly and welcoming service and environment in staff restaurant at all times.
- To ensure all food goes out to patients at the agreed times.
- To accurately record all food wastage and report to manager
- Make sure that requests by patients or staff with special dietary requirements are provided for.
- Check dates on food and dispose off any out off date food.
- Fill in all cleaning and temperature records as required.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Qualified chef
- Ability to understand detailed instructions
- Ability to understand and adhere to current legislation at all times
- Ability to allocate resources effectively
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to motivate team as required
- Good communication skills
- To work well with in team
- Food hygiene certificate level 2 or above
- Ability to demonstrate flair within food offer
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.