|Job Title:||Chef (Defence)|
|Salary:||£8.50 - £8.50|
|Start Date:||2019-08-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Michael Silk|
|Job Published:||August 12, 2019 13:26|
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- The Preparation, cooking and service of food to the highest standards as per the company standards and policies
Access to a very popular and generous employee discount scheme.
Holiday entitlement of 28 days per year which increases with length of service.
Full uniform provided including safety shoes.
Company sick pay entitlement of 5 full days per year after 6 months employment which increases with length of service.
Quality of life - No late night or split shifts plus most weekends off (rota system in place).Main responsibilities
Accountabilities or “what you have to do”
- Assist the in the control and correct storage of food stuffs
- Reporting of defects to the Head Chef
- To maintain the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act
- Compliance by you to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations
- Ensure that you adhere to the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the
- Ensure accurately taking and recording temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets, serveries in line with Sodexo’s Safety Management System (SMS)
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded)
- Ensure that the kitchen area that you are working in is clean and hygienic at all times
- To continue to develop one’s own skills / knowledge within the position
- To undertake any other reasonable task as directed.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or “What it will look like when you are doing the job well”
- Contribution to gross profits and improvements to budget performance as determined by segment business objectives
- The improvement and monitoring in health and safety, environment, risk, client satisfaction and quality
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2and possess a basic level food safety certificate
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards