Position: Commis Chef or Chef De Partie
Location: Wantage, OX12
Salary: Up to £25,000
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week (5/7 days - 3-week rota)
This Michelin guide freehouse serves 100% fresh homemade food to an exceptional standard, using the best local produce available. My client is looking for a chef de partie who is passionate about food and hospitality.
My client is looking for a passionate Demi-CDP or CDP who wants to work with fresh food preparing seasonal dishes with flair and imagination. Relevant experience is ideal as is a Catering and Food and Hygiene qualification. However, a good attitude and sense of humour are much more important. You will also receive on-the-job training to enable you to serve freshly prepared food to a high standard.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Knowledgeable of classic cooking techniques.
- Trained in working all sections of the kitchen.
- Able to manage a team of chefs.
- Able to support the Head Chef.
- Trained in the use of Microsoft office.
- Passionate about nose to tail cooking.
- Creative and adaptable.
- As a Commis Chef or Chef De Partie your primary role will be to assist the Head Chef & Sous Chef in the day-to-day running of the kitchen and deputise in the Head Chef absences.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for the restaurant.
- You will maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships.
- You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Ensure all chefs are familiar with both the days and ongoing requirements.
- Ensure the necessary products are in stock at the required quality and quantity for the day's preparation requirements.
What is in it for you…?
- Competitive salary
- Skills and Career Development opportunities
- Employee recognition rewards
- Holiday allowance starting at 28 days (including bank holidays)
- Parking on site
- Staff Accomodation available
If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949 or for more details or to discuss other opportunities