Position: Chef De Partie
Location: Oxford, OX4
Sector: School - Contract Catering
07:30 to 14:00 - WORK LIFE BALANCE - MONDAY TO FRIDAY
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused chef to work with a leading independent school to develop their culinary career. Within this role the chefs responsible for producing a variety of dishes for students and meeting room areas to the highest standard, whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically.
- Prepare high quality food using fresh ingredients to produce attractive and tasty meals.
- Have knowledge of food allergies and menu planning.
- Ensure all Company policies and procedures are delivered to the highest standard whilst offering support around the business to maintain these standards throughout.
- Assist Operations Managers with projects and new contract mobilisations.
- Supporting the Operations Managers with company initiatives and sales presentations where required.
- Ensure daily bookwork and temperature records are kept up to date as per required standards.
- Supporting the Operations Managers with training and development within the teams, including the training of new employees to ensure all company standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Order and receive food and supply as required.
- Must be highly reliable
- Good leader as well as team player
- Quality driven.
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail.
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends.
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment.
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Training and progress
- half term, Summer, Christmas & new year period off
- Meals provided on duty.
- Full uniform included.
- 20 day holiday
Please not that a DBS must be in place for the successfull candidate
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV or call 01635 34949.