Position: Chef / Cook (Progression to Chef Manager)
Location: Abingdon, Oxford
Salary: £10.00 to £11.00 P/H + amazing company benefits!
Hours: 5 days out of 7 - Fixed days off - with work life balance
Are you looking to join a fantastic organisation that will develop your skills as a Chef and incorporate your ideas? Looking for the work life balance within hospitality? Then this is the role for you....
Working under the guidance of an experienced Chef Manager, my client is looking for a passionate Chef with excellent craft skills to work within the team at this contract catering site based in Abingdon. As a Chef / Cook you will be required to provide and maintain an efficient service under all areas of your control, following company values, policies and procedures under the Chef Managers guidance.
This role could also lead to becoming a Chef Manage of the site with training and development.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes in your area of responsibility
- Supporting your Chef Manager in producing a range of specials that enable you to put your spin on things
- Ensuring Chefs stations are well stocked with anything they may need throughout service
- Ensuring you and the team deliver high standards of food and health and safety regulations
The ideal candidate will
- Be a real 'foodie' with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service by adopting 'person centred' principles
- Be both creative and innovative demonstrating up to date with current trends
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Demonstrate confidence with a 'Can do' attitude
What's in it for you:
- Competitive Salary: £10.00 to £11.00 P/H - 45 hours per week
- Fixed Working hours: Wednesday to Friday: 13:00 to 19:00 / Saturday & Sunday: 07:00 to 19:00
- Progression to Chef Manager
- Fresh food offerings
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 // or apply online