CHEF WANTED - CARE HOME - ALTON
£10.50 PER HOUR
We are looking for a Chef to work closely with the Catering Manager and the team, providing a range of high standard catering services to residents, staff and visitors, this site caters for around 80 residents
This role will suit an experienced cook who has a flair for creating appetising meals that meet the dietary requirements of the residents. You will be comfortable cooking for a large number of people, and ideally will have a natural affinity for older people. You will need good communication skills, an ability to support, manage and motivate those around you, along with a desire to deliver exceptional service. Experience of working in a social care environment would be desirable but not essential.
Key responsibilities are:
- Preparing and cooking a variety of meals and snacks
- Supporting the Catering Manager to cater for special events
- Supporting the Catering Manager to ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained
- Ensuring adherence to;
- Health, Safety and Hygiene legislative requirements
- COSHH regulations within the team
- Infection Control procedures
The Reward/Benefits Chef :
- 6 weeks holiday including Bank Holidays increasing to 6 weeks with five years service
- training and continuing personal development
- free uniform
- free DBS Check
- free staff meals
How to Apply:
To proceed with your application press Apply button!
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.