|Salary:||£10.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow Ipswich|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 14:56|
As part of the catering team you will play a vital role in helping offenders to prepare and cook meals in a rewarding, team environment.
It is a great chance to put catering qualifications into real-life practice and have an impact far beyond the kitchen.
Your food will sustain a whole prison and your work with offenders will help to make a positive contribution towards their rehabilitation.
For further information, please refer to the full job description which can be found on our website by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
The salary figures quoted are for a 37 hour working week inclusive of a 17% unsocial hours working allowance.
• Level 2 certificate in Food Production within Hospitality and Catering or equivalent
• Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
• Vocational Qualification at Level 3 or be willing to work towards gaining this qualification within an agreed timescale
In addition, you must be:
• familiar with all current health, safety and hygiene related regulations for working in a kitchen;
• able to demonstrate competency within an industrial kitchen environment; and
• able to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English or (where specified in Wales) Welsh.
Refresher training in Food Safety (HACCP) should be completed at 3 year intervals.
Successful applicants need to be 18 at the point they take up post as an exception under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Requests for part-time, job share, etc working arrangements will be considered, however any such arrangements will be subject to the business need/operational requirement. This can be discussed at your interview
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's