|Salary:||Up to £16900.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2019 12:00|
Chef - Assisted Living Site - Part Time - Caversham - £10 per hour
Are you a Chef looking for a new role with a great work/life balance working 4 days per week 08.00-16.00? Do you have experience working within a care site or other avenue of catering and looking for a role in a brand new site?
If so then look no further…
Chef required for a brand new assisted living site in Reading. The role offers day time working hours 08.00-16.00, £10 per hour on a 32.5 hour working week. This is across 4 days per week working on alternate weekends.
You will be catering for the residents on site within a café/bistro restaurant cooking fresh, traditional dishes, snacks menu and afternoon tea.
Responsibilities of role
- To deliver and provide food & beverages for the residents and visitors at site of the highest standard
- To prepare fresh, seasonal, traditional and speciality style menus from fresh ingredients
- Implement and maintain statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Support with regular theme events to provide interest to the clients and to increase revenue
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A "can do" attitude
- Previous experience in a care environment would be an advantage as would experience of a commercial café or restaurant environment.
- The drive and enthusiasm to generate additional income, through encouraging additional sales
- Flexibility in working hours and days
- Basic IT skills
Our ideal candidate will
- Be a real 'foodie' with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Be a real "people person"
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage a small team
- Be financially astute with the ability to work within budget and contract targets
- Be sympathetic to our customers' needs
If you are interested in this role APPLY NOW
For other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please call 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please get in touch now!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's