|Job Title:||RETAIL MANAGER|
|Salary:||£13260 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-04 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Laura Sherlock|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2019 17:26|
• Achieve profit targets by maximising sales and minimising costs.
• To achieve the required Gift Aid conversions rates and manage the Gift Aid process.
• To list stock on to Amazon/EBay sites and mange the on-line process.
• Action daily floor walks to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained.
• Ensure the high standard of service to customers that is expected is maintained at all times.
• Actively support any local fundraising promotions.
• Implement any promotions in the store as directed by Head of Retail.
2: Shop Premises:
• Maintain a high standard of display, both in the window and internally.
• Ensure the sales floor layout is as per the current guide lines as agreed with Head of Retail.
• Achieve and maintain high standards of housekeeping, organisation and cleanliness throughout the shop premises.
• Keep merchandise clearly ticketed and priced.
3: Trading hours:
• Opening/closing the shop and ensuring trading hours are strictly adhered to.
• Actively recruit volunteers and agency staff to achieve shop manpower target as agreed with Head of Retail.
• All paid staff receive a monthly One to One Meeting.
• Train and develop paid staff, volunteers and agency workers to enable them to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively.
• Keep the store adequately staffed at all times in order to maintain appropriate levels of service produce robust shop rotas in advance.
• Promote a happy working environment for staff and volunteers which enhances the working experience for paid staff and volunteers.
• Inform the store team of business communications, promotions and information
• Ensure that all policies are adhered to by staff.
• To carry out monthly volunteer meetings.
• Actively encourage the public and commercial organisations to donate saleable goods.
• Ensure there is adequate stock of key items available at all times. (Store density).
• The role will require manual work, which include moving stock.
• Accurately record all donated stock by using the stores electronic stock capture and reporting system.
• Select and price stock at a consistent level in accordance with price guides.
• Rotate stock so that no items remain on the store floor for any longer than the agreed time limit.
• Comply with all instructions regarding the sales / ordering of new goods.
• To ensure that a stock check of bought-in goods is undertaken on a monthly basis, with a stock valuation produced for auditing purposes.
6: Stock Generation:
• Ensure the furniture collection operation is effective, ensuring that the driver/collector targets appropriate areas within the branch boundary.
• To undertake any other measures and procedures of procuring donated stock in order to ensure appropriate levels and quality of stock to maintain identified sales stock values and daily income.
• Actively generating donations through local community, businesses whilst building key partnerships through planned weekly stock generation activities.
7: Administration and Financial Procedures:
• Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained to sell electrical goods.
• Ensure all relevant administration is completed on time and according to the Manager's Manual.
• Ensure all financial, cash handling and security procedures are adhered to as per the Manager's Manual.
• Hold the keys of the store, inform the police/ alarm monitoring service of key holders names and ensure that the store premises are secure whenever they a left unattended.
• Notify your line manger in the event of suspected theft or dishonesty by any member of staff.
• Ensure all staff and volunteers lock all purses and valuables in a locker.
• Provide a safe environment that protects all staff, volunteers and the public.
• Comply with all Health and Safety regulations as per Health & Safety Policy.
• Report any maintenance or Health and Safety issue in the store to the operational team at Head Office.
• Educate the public and promote the good name of the Charity and the branch in general through the effective use of campaigns material in the shop.
• To support shop manager in planning for key events in advance within the local community, using street licenses to carry out fundraising activities and promote the charity events within the local community.
• Keep the shop community board updated on a regular basis as directed by the communications team.
10: Other duties:
• To attend as requested meetings and development training courses and to undertake any other duties that may arise and fall logically within the remit of the assistant shop manager.
WORKING HOURS & SALARY:-
30 hours per week split over 4 days
£9.21ph / £14,367.60 pa
Please click to apply or call Laura on 01215255151 to discuss
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£8.80 per hour, Benefits: Free Parking. Staff Canteen
£8.33 - £8.33
7.70 - 8.21 per hour - age dependant
7.70 - 8.21 per hour, age dependant
Up to £9.00 per hour