- Job Reference: 00032938-1
- Date Posted: 26 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bideford, Devon
- Salary: £25,339 to £27,106
- Sector: HR / Recruitment, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Pluss CIC is a Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential. Positive People and Hopeful Families offers a lifeline to people who are not in work to help build confidence, skills and give a sense of hope for the future. The projects give people the opportunity to get involved in local communities, meet new people and have fun through a range of activities.
Positive People and Hopeful Families are funded by The European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
We are seeking talented individuals to join our team who thrive on working in a target driven environment looking for an opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are currently recruiting to the role of Change Coach. Within this role you will engage with disadvantaged participants with multiple barriers, assessing their needs and developing individually tailored support packages to enable them to become more socially included and enter training, education and /or employment. Our participants may include single parents, those with criminal records, mental health groups, ex-services, specific ethnic minority or faith groups and those with specific disabilities.
Our ideal candidate must have experience of working and training people with multiple and complex needs. Be highly organised, self-motivated, engaging,supportive and have the ability to be a mentor and coach. You must also have experience of setting up learning opportunities including workshops and bespoke programmes of work.
If you are from a sales, hospitality, retail, recruitment background or previous experience within employability we would like to hear from you.
* Work to the targets and KPIs defined by the Partnership Manager.
* Respond to referrals, ensuring that the person is eligible for the contract and assist with the identification and recruitment of long term unemployed and economically inactive participants.
* Use a variety of engagement strategies working with local organisations to meet the project’s engagement targets across all participant target groups, ensuring equality of access for all.
* Manage a personal caseload of participants, being the single point of contact as well as mentor and coach, to remove barriers to education, training or employment, and support participants to achieve these outcomes.
* Through personal assessment and vocational profiling establish effective SMART action plans and optimum progression routes for customers.
* Ensure the Pluss IT CMS system is kept up to date, recording accurate data on participants’ demographics and activities.
* Effectively identify local employment opportunities.
Skills and Experience
* Experience of working with customers both on a one to one basis and in a group setting.
* Experience of working with and training people with disabilities and other barriers.
* Empathy towards people who are disadvantaged and understanding of barriers to employment and participants’ progression.
* Experience of working in a target driven environment and ability to self-motivate to achieve results.
* Experience of caseload management.
* Minimum of 5 GCSES at grade C or above (or equivalent qualification) including Maths and English.
* NVQ Level 3 Advice & Guidance Qualification (or equivalent).
Salary: £25,339 - £26,575 p.a (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hrs per week - 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday- Friday (Full Time)
Closing Date: 23 December 2020
FTC until 31/12/2021
Benefits: 23 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Pluss CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Pluss CIC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity