- Job Reference: 00026991-1
- Date Posted: 12 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
- Salary: £47,000 to £50,500
- Job Type: Permanent
UK Biobank a registered charity, have an exciting opportunity for a Centre Manager to join us as an integral part of our Imaging centre in Cheadle.
Job Title: Centre Manager
Length: 12 months maternity cover
Salary: £47,000 - £50,500 per annum + excellent pension, staff discount scheme, generous holiday entitlement, salary sacrifice schemes.
Join the world’s largest imaging study!
Be part of a pioneering study to improve the lives of future generations helping to prevent serious and life threatening conditions.
UK Biobank is an international health resource of unparalleled scale. We hold a wide range of samples and health related information provided by our 500,000 volunteer participants, and make these available to researchers across the world for approved health-related research.
Ten thousand researchers are already using UK Biobank samples and data to improve our understanding of a wide range of serious and life-threatening illnesses from COVID-19 to dementia. Over 1,500 scientific papers based on UK Biobank data have already been published in leading scientific journals.
In support of our mission to make the resource ever more powerful for scientific research, we are currently progressing the world’s largest imaging study and have already acquired brain, heart and abdomen MRI, DEXA bone density, and carotid artery ultrasound scans on 50,000 volunteers – half way to our target of 100,000 people.
Centre Manager – The Role:
As a strong Leader with excellent people management skills you will be responsible for leading integrated multi-disciplinary teams across a small but busy centre ensuing daily targets and quality standards are consistently met. The Centre Manager will also play a key part in recruitment ensuring that the site is fully staffed and operational and that there is constant development of existing employees.
The Centre Manager will have overall responsibility for the centre ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to, and that all visitors to the site have a pleasant and safe visit. Working with the senior imaging management team you will escalate any issues and also support and help to develop strategies and areas for service improvement.
The post holder will be responsible for both performance and the centre budget with a keen eye for detail and the ability to problem solve and tackle difficult situations head on. To be considered for this role you will have a proven track record in managing a diverse workforce preferably in a clinic environment although this is not essential.
Centre Manager - Requirements:
- Experience as an operational site lead
- Track record of leading an integrated, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work and undertake any training required
- Experience of quality assurance and committed to quality improvement
- Healthcare or scientific research environment background
- Degree Level education or equivalent
- Willingness to travel to other sites as required
- Proven track record of budgetary responsibility
- CMI Management qualification or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in MRI / experience in a wide range of MRI examinations
- Good IT and analytical skills, with advanced knowledge and experience MS Excel
The Centre Manager typically works a 36 hour week consisting of 5 shifts over a 7 day period, this will be worked flexibly to cover operational needs, and weekend working may be required on occasion.
Our centre is open Monday to Sunday between 7.30am - 8.30pm. We do open on some bank holidays but close down over the Christmas and Easter period. Out of hours cover for issue escalation may be required for operational needs, there will be some travel to other sites or events.
Initial training will be undertaken at various operational sites in the UK – travel expenses will of course be provided by the company.
To submit your CV for this exciting Centre Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now