Catering Services Manager (Catering, Retail)
|Job Title:||Catering Services Manager (Catering, Retail)|
|Salary:||up to £37,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 12:51|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Catering Services Manager to lead the catering retail operation at Roehampton Hospital. In this role, you will oversee a small staff restaurant, patient dining across 6 wards and a Costa retail outlet, ensuring we deliver and maintain a high-quality service throughout the catering department.
With multiple services across the contract, this opportunity offers a fantastic scope for growth and development within a great hospital.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
- Oversee the food services operation, ensuring food is prepared and delivered to a hig quality to approx. 150 patients and customers across the hospital
- Lead, develop and engage a workforce of 20 with 2 direct reports
- Efficient management of stock levels, wastage and consumption
- Seek innovative solutions to profiting services and engaging our customer base
- Focus on compliance and the provide the highest levels of health and safety efficiency
- Develop and maintain effective communication with patients, staff and the client
- Financial management of services to deliver profit and turnover
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and communicated to team as appropriate
- Experience of leading catering and retail services, ideally within a similar environment or equivalent environment that has a focus on nutrition, wellbeing and customer welfare
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients and third parties
- IOSHH and food hygiene certificate as minimum.
- Financial awareness / previous budget responsibility
- Strong leadership qualities, whilst the ability to act as an effective Team Player within the Services Management Team
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£32,000 - £34,000
£28000 - £30000
Catering Production Manager
Up to £32,000
Catering Manager - Term Time Only
£20,000 - £25,000 dependant on experience
Chef Manager - Contract Catering (School)
City of London, London