|Salary||£26000 - £26000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
As Catering Manager, you'll plan, organise and coordinate all catering activity, ensuring service delivery excellence.
You'll provide leadership and clear direction to your team, ensuring they are motivated and engaged, and that they understand how their contribution impacts on the business.
Frustrated working split shifts, long 12 hour days every day and then working every weekend and bank holidays? We believe in quality of life not only for our clients, but our people too - no Christmas Day working in a hot kitchen!
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
Competitive salary of £26,000 plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Plan, organise and coordinate daily catering activities
- Operate the Sodexo recipe on line menu and ordering system.
- Operate a successful Pay as You Dine operation with a full understanding of profit and loss
- Prepare, cook and serve food to the highest quality as per company policies
- Plan functions including menus and costing in conjunction with the Services Manager
- Input and plan menus utilising a central menu bank ensuring maintenance, ordering and control of food stocks within budget
- Continually monitor all food and hygiene standards and practices ensuring they are maintained at the highest level
*please see attached job description below for further detailsIdeal candidate
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Supervisory experience
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3 and possess an intermediate level food safety certificate
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.