|Salary||Up to £30,000 depending on experience||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Catering Manager to be responsible for the delivery of a high-quality customer focussed service across our new site, to meet the needs of the visitors and staff at this new prestigious London Private clinic near Bond Street, central London.
You’ll effectively manage a team of up to 15 employees as they deliver and maintain a high-quality service, whilst delivering the highest possible standard of food service & cleanliness for patients, visitors and staff.
You’ll work in partnership with the client and associated third parties to ensure the clinic builds and maintains its reputation for its high-quality service levels and patient care.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must.Main responsibilities
- Have full working knowledge of the areas within the hospital which are covered by the catering services delivered by Sodexo
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of own team with all Company and Client policies and procedures whilst proactively responding to prevent and deal with issues of non-conformance
- Managing a team of Catering Assistants and Chefs/Cooks, assessing workload schedules and allocating resource as required whilst prioritizing urgent requests
- Ensure all staff maintain and deliver a quality service according to set work schedules and procedures
- Supporting the Hotel Services Manager with in managing the allocated budget for area ensuring that stock levels, wastage and labour are effectively managed
- Ensure achievement of high levels of client and service user satisfaction, and monitor these on regular basis
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Responsible for visual audits of catering premises and ensuring maintenance takes place of all equipment associated with all aspects of the catering services
- Champion the CARES programme to ensure all staff are committed to delivering high levels of customer service at all times
- Pro-actively look to recommend improvements to your work processes by providing suggestions and solutions
- Proven experience of leading a team within a comparable service environment
- Experience of managing to budget requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Experience of delivering relevant training, using company guidelines
- Financial awareness
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven IT skills, ability to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to deal with stressful situation and or tide deadlines
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.