|Salary||£31000 - £33000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Do you have outstanding leadership and team management skills? Perhaps you have a Chef or corporate catering background? We want to hear from you!
I am looking for a highly capable Catering Manager that would possess great team management skills and won’t get lost in a corporate environment catering to Head office standards and high-profile visits. This role is best suited to someone who is up for a challenge and looking to progress into a Soft Services Manager or General Services manager role and has a great financial awareness about them. In addition, change management and standardization skills will earn you some serious brownie points too.
This is a generally Monday to Friday role, some flexibility occasionally might be required due to catering for visits. The modern site is located in a beautiful setting of 25 acres of woodland, offering a free parking and gym on site, subsidised canteen and a multi-use games pitch. In addition to the salary and employee benefits, this role comes with great colleagues, supportive line manager and all the professional development you may possibly require.
The vacancy will close on the 5th September 2019 and we will be holding interviews on the 11th and 12th September on site in Wokingham. Please make sure you don’t miss out on this great role!
- To oversee delivery and develop the food offer and services, both in the staff restaurants and hospitality through commercial initiatives, innovation and team development.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service in all food areas to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction.
- To ensure that the site budget is met and exceeded and that all company audits & documentation are attained to the required standard.
- Provide the most cost-effective catering service which offers the users quality and choice.
- Promote healthy eating, wellbeing and employee satisfaction.
- Improve patronage and grow sales.
- Provide good capture of management information for the client to analyse.
- Previous catering experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management
- Experience of managing a team in an educational establishment
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Computer literacy
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process