|Job Title:||Catering Manager|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £27,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 15:08|
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your management career in one of our Independent Schools. As Catering Manager, you will lead the delivery of catering and hospitality services for a boarding and day school in Belfast. This is a prestigious contract and will therefore provide the opportunity to showcase your management skills and develop within a growing business.
This position will suit an innovative manager, who is passionate about food quality and high standards of front of house services.
- Efficient management of the daily catering and hospitality services for up to 700 pupils across two school buildings, ensuring quality fresh food and high standards of service delivery.
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly regarding customers’ special dietary requirements such as nut, dairy or wheat allergies
- Manage, develop and engage a team of 12
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Previous experience in a catering management role, with a strong front of house focus
- Experience of managing a team within a prestigious environment
- Strong attention to detail and passionate about service development
- Confidence to lead, develop and engage teams
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and compliance.
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's