|Salary||£8.30 per hour||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We currently have an opportunity for a Catering Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
- Rate of pay for 25 years and over is £8.30 per hour
- Working Monday to Thursday from 10.00 - 14.00 with the opportunity to work one Sunday a month, as per staff rota from 08.00 - 12.00. The rate of pay for this shift is £10.30 per hour
- Duties include: setting up food counters for a busy meal service, serving on counters and tills during service, pot wash and plate wash duties, hygiene and cleaning duties
- We require all our staff to have great customer service skills so that we can continue to provide this level of service to our Clients and customers, so applicants will need to have good verbal communication skills
- In addition, we require our staff to be versatile and flexible
- We operate Demand Led Scheduling that will be discussed in detail at interview
As a Catering Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the preparation and serving of all meals and beverages to customers
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- Cleanliness and replenishing of vending machines
- Maintaining outstanding levels of customer service, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safe guarding company assets
- General cleaning of the food areas
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- The ability to accurately process information/merchandise through the Till system with a good standard of numeracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- First class communication skills and demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.