Caretaker / Janitor
|Job Title:||Caretaker / Janitor|
|Salary:||£8.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Dav Kudhail|
|Job Published:||May 20, 2019 18:30|
35 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days per week Pay £8.50 a hour
To work within a team and ensure that all general maintenance service, keeping the site compliant and support the department following policies and procedures.
The Residences Department predominantly provides accommodation for students throughout the academic year as well as conference and corporate guests during the summer months.
- Ability to undertake Carpentry & Plumbing Work / General Repairs / Minor redecoration
- Evidence of previous experience of undertaking repairs demonstrated at interview through questions and answers.
- Previous experience in carrying out maintenance duties
- Previous experience in an environment providing a service to customers
- Demonstrable experience of using IT, including tablets, electronic devices and digital technology
- Ability to carry out general repairs
- Ability to carry out minor redecoration and refurbishment work
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records
This job will require:
- A high level of activity both within and between buildings and will involve moving and carrying of heavy objects.
- A prompt response to emergencies, (e.g. fire alarms, floods)
- Contact with cleaning chemicals, materials and equipment.
- Occasionally cleaning unpleasant tasks including bodily fluids