|Salary||£27000 - £31000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
6/12 Month Fixed Term contract
Procurement People are currently looking for a Category Procurement Coordinator for one of our clients, a well-respected and recognised retailer to provide Procurement and administrative support through day to day tasks within various categories ,to assist in delivering various improvements across the business, and overall playing a big part in meeting the quality and savings objectives of the company.
Responsibilities will include:
• Influence and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and team, as well as external customers and suppliers.
• Maintain accurate records of supplier, and all data of goods and services that are procured .
• Purchasing of services & goods across categories.
• Provide relevant cost data on price movements.
• Supplier liaison / management. (Includes, update annual supplier financial status report)
• Detailed analysis of quotation cost breakdown and knowledge of categories in piece cost.
• Developing new sourcing initiatives to create a futureproof business
• Acting as first point of contact for account support functions
• Generate and maintain departmental / category specific reports including Category spend.
• Prepare and place purchase orders ensuring best cost, quality and delivery obtained.
• Purchase Order and invoices reconciliation.
• Undertake analysis and prepare reports relating to purchasing activity.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure supply lead times are adhered to, in line with Production Schedule and that any issues are communicated promptly.
• Maintain and manage suppliers performance.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by Category Manager or Procurement Manager.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Purchasing / Buyer with exposure to category management
• Ability to provide clear and regular cost reporting to management (Be able to analyse cost data and breakdown at detailed level)
• Good sound IT skills including word excel and power point
• High level of Numeracy - Accurate, Meticulous and methodical in preparation of numerical data.
• Can gather source data, verify and validate before use in a structured approach to achieve the desired objective
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Organised and great attention to detail
• Team player
• Strong IT skills; Excel knowledge
• Great communication and negotiation skills
• CIPS qualification or working towards
If this role sounds of interest, please apply with your CV today or get in touch with Ana Badescu on 0121 272 8260 at Procurement People! Referrals are welcomed!