|Job Title:||Case Worker|
|Salary:||£25,594.98 + London Weighting|
|Start Date:||2019-07-22 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2019 16:17|
HMP/YOI Bronzefield are currently recruiting a Case Worker to protect the public, reduce the likelihood of reoffending, contribute to the safety and wellbeing of women in custodial care, and help maintain the security and good order of the prison. You will assess the likelihood of reoffending and risk of harm an individual presents to themselves and others and case manage residents in custody (including preparing them for release by providing motivation, assistance and support with resettlement needs as part of a sentence plan); and liaise with IOMU colleagues, other prison departments and partner agencies (especially the National Probation Service and Community Rehabilitation Companies) about sentence planning, resettlement needs and risk management. You will operate within the framework of legislation, guidance and policy to ensure the provision of a quality service.Package description
£25,594.98 plus London weighting
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
- Completion of Part 1 of the Basic Custody Screening Tool (BCST)
- Manage a caseload of women in custody, including regularly meeting individuals in order to motivate, support and coach offenders to achieve the objectives of their sentence plan, and to review progress
- Undertake OASys, Sentence Planning, Risk Management and any other risk assessments as required to do so
- Liaise effectively with other agencies and disciplines to meet identified concerns in custody and community, including women involved in sex work and at risk of domestic abuse.
- Refer individuals to and facilitate the delivery of offending behaviour programmes by other prison departments and/or partner organisations
- Provide reports as requested to support other custodial processes, including Home Detention Curfew (HDC), Release on Temporary Licence (ROTL), Mother & Baby Unit (MBU), MAPPA and Parole and to attend related meetings as appropriate.
- Act as a role model to consistently promote and reinforce pro-social behaviour and attitudes
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with residents, colleagues, voluntary sector and partner agencies
- previous experience of using the Offender Assessment System (OASys)
- Ability to build professional pro-social relationships (with prisoners; with other prison staff; and with partner agencies).
- Ability to question and evaluate information about individuals (including identify patterns and trends in offending behaviour), assess risks, write reports and make appropriate defensible decisions based on your analysis.
- Knowledge of the 9 Pathways to Reducing Re-offending (for women).
- Non-judgmental understanding of the life experiences and social problems affecting women in custody and how these also affect their ability to resettle effectively and safely into the community.
- Ability to deal with aggressive/abusive behaviour whilst remaining professional.
- Effective organisational skills suited to a busy department, including the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines and maintain high standards across all elements of the job.
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and on an individual basis.
- Developed communication skills (both oral and written).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tenancy Sustainment Worker - Refugee Services
Hereford and Worcester
£18500 per annum
£10.36 per hour
Freelance PR Consultant
£200 - £300 per day
Business Support Assis
£10.63 per hour
Violence Reduction Manager
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience