|Job Title:||Carpentry Lecturer|
|Salary:||£25000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme, Performance Related Pay|
|Contact Name:||Simon Atkins|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2019 16:50|
Location: Stevenage and working across group sites
We are looking for an experienced Carpentry Lecturer to join one of the UK's most reputable colleges in Stevenage and surrounding areas.
In this role as a Lecturer in Carpentry, you will be delivering teaching sessions to achieve outstanding learning outcomes for all students. You will be responsible for duties including:
- Develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes to meet the needs of learners
- Plan and deliver carpentry to a group setting to learners of varying abilities
- Provide academic and pastoral support for your students to help them achieve their goals
- Mark and assess students' work, providing feedback that supports students to improve
- Maintain up to date student records and deliver against agreed student retention, attendance, success, satisfaction and outcome measures
- Comply with the college's maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects in teaching practices
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation and student services to deliver an overall student experience
- Deliver IAG to support students' decision making and high rates of progression
In return, as an experienced Carpentry Lecturer the college is offering a salary of £25,000-38,000 as well as a Contributory Pension Scheme and Performance Related Pay scheme.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to motivate students to maximise their learning potential, as well as the ability to work as part of a team to shape the department.
Skills and experience required for the Carpentry Lecturer:
- Teacher or lecturer with demonstrable experience of delivering outstanding teaching and learning or relevant industry experience
- Educated to a minimum of level 3 NVQ or equivalent qualification
- Hold or be willing to work towards a relevant teaching qualification
- Experience using e-portfolios
- A*-C in Maths and English
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Pertemps Newcastle on 0191 255 7900.
Keywords: Carpentry Lecturer, Carpentry Tutor, NVQ, Construction Tutor