|Salary||£12.00 - £13.00 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: TEMP / Full time
An exciting opportunity within Harrow Council for a self-driven and motivated Caretaker to join their Housing - Resident Services team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as a Caretaker.
In return we pay a competitive rate of £12.45 per hour other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
The role purpose is to ensure that all internal and external areas of communal Housing land/ buildings is clean, tidy and safe, ensuring an environment that residents are pleased to live in.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Must have full clean UK driving licence and own car
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques
- General handy person skills
- Manual dexterity and the ability to work on own initiative
- Practical experience of building, cleaning and grounds maintenance
- Understanding of repair/maintenance issues
- Experience of dealing with the public in front line service delivery and a proven record of courteous and helpful service to members of the public
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to follow instructions and carry out duties without constant supervision
- Ability to priorities workload
- Ability to communicate effectively with tenants and officers
- " Ability to deal with difficult situation
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Please apply here Click here to view more jobs with Pertemps