- Job Reference: 00079464-1
- Date Posted: 20 September 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Apsley, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £10.00 to £13.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Contract, Permanent
This vacancy is for weekends only.
Carer Job description
* Looking after clients’ physical, emotional, cultural and social needs using a person-centred approach and thereby enhancing their quality of life.
* Supporting clients who have a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities whilst enabling clients’ individuality, and independence and maximising their own abilities and skills.
* To carry out all tasks in a way that demonstrates respect for the privacy, dignity and value of all service users.
* To be particularly vigilant for signs of distress or anxiety in clients, any deterioration in physical/mental health, or safety of the environment, and to report and record these as a matter of urgency.
* Helping clients to maintain relationships with neighbours, the neighbourhood and surroundings, thereby providing social contact, especially for clients who live alone.
* Being the face of ‘care in the community’ and acting as Doves Care Agency Ltd’s representative
* Creating and maintaining good professional relationships with clients, their families & friends and other stakeholders.
* Good team player
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
* At least 1 year of domiciliary/home care experience
* an NVQ in Health and Social Care and/or Care Certificate
* a full UK driver’s license and access to a vehicle for this community-based role
* 16–20 hours weekend availability
* invest in your career with fully funded training
* offer you opportunities to progress to Senior Carer and other management positions
* be a supportive management team
* offer you a 28-day holiday allowance
* Pay your on-duty mileage
* offer you a pension scheme
* give you access to an Employee Assistance Programme that provides 24/7 phone support for managing all areas of your life
* pay you a referral fee of £250 if you know someone who would make a great carer and they work with us for 3 months
* give you access to a company car
* give you membership to the Care Professional Standards Academy where you can receive discounts across hundreds of retailers
* offer you guaranteed employment contracts
We adhere to government guidance in taking COVID-19 precautions and offer regular training on infection control procedures