- Job Reference: 00072828-1
- Date Posted: 10 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Warrington, Cheshire
- Salary: £26,000 to £29,545
- Job Type: Contract
Coyne Recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Employability and Skills sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19. We are currently looking to support a fantastic organisation recruit for highly skilled Careers Advisers.
As part of being a Careers Adviser you’ll make participants feel welcome and comfortable when they are first referred to the companies programme. You’ll need to be able to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. You’ll hold 1-1 and group-based learning session in a wide range of settings, including careers events, jobs fairs, pop up venues.
You will use your skills to empower and encourage participants to create a career skills action plan and support them in their learning and development whilst monitoring their progress to build their confidence throughout their journey to success.
The ideal candidate must hold a Level 4 qualification in Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance and be confident and experienced in delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards.
This is a rewarding role that will allow you to utilise your current skills to influence, support and encourages others to build a future.
* Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets
* Deliver a positive experience, ensuring creation of a careers skills action plan
* Achieve the quality and compliance standards required
* Provide tailored support in all aspects of career management and progression
* Fully understand the labour market and provide relevant advice and guidance on local job sectors and opportunities
* Develop relationships with key stakeholders to maximise referral and opportunities, i.e. local community provision, JCP Work coaches, LA’s
* Deliver Group Sessions with customers in a wide range of settings, including careers events, jobs fairs, pop up venues
Skills and Experience
* Minimum of Level 4 qualification in Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance
* A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Math
* Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
* Experience of working in a target driven environment
* Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards
* A suitable home working environment
* Knowledge of the Careers/Employability industry
* Knowledge of the recruitment industry
* Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guidance’
* Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required