- Job Reference: 00025417-1
- Date Posted: 31 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Brick Lane, London
- Salary: £16,000 to £20,000
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Careers Adviser
Salary: £20,000 per annum (starting £16,000 - £18,000, dependant on experience and increased after successful completion of probationary period to £20,000 per annum)
Hours: 35 hours per week (some evening and weekend work may be required)
Purpose: To provide impartial, confidential, high quality careers information, advice and guidance to customers in order to allow them to make well informed and realistic career choices on all aspects of learning & work.
* Contribute to the development of Krypton Training’s initial careers advice and information services under the National Careers Service, so that service users are dealt with fully, promptly, and within the time constraints of the service.
* Deliver and meet the given targets for the National Careers Service contract & deliver careers advice on a one to one basis and employability support via various workshops e.g. Job Search, interview skills, CV writing workshops, etc. at Krypton Training offices, client sites and remotely as and when required.
* Maintain accurate and appropriate records to ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed to meet high quality standards & requirements and provide statistics as appropriate.
* Must be a confident in using a laptop and have experience in using Microsoft Office, familiarity of using tele/video conferencing software is desirable.
* Help develop the strategic recognition of the National Careers Service and create and maintain strong relationships to deliver the weekly and monthly targets according to profile.
* To be able to use initiative in making informed decisions with line management and willingness to take on responsibility in order to be able to become an effective careers adviser and team player.
Location: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this role is now carried out remotely using tele/video conferencing software and working from home until further notice. In the future (when sites re-open) this role will require the individual to travel via public transport and deliver across London at various client sites, employer’s sites, and voluntary organisations and other community locations on a one-to-one and/or group work basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ideal candidates must already have an IAG Level 2,3,4 or should have Careers Information Advice and Guidance Level 4 qualification and/or experience of working in a customer facing role.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 4 months leading to a permanent contract