Care Support Worker
- Job Reference: 00006921-1
- Date Posted: 15 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £25,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Carers Trust have a Care Support Worker opportunity based in Havering, East London.
Job Title: Care Support Worker
Location: Havering, East London
Salary: £25,000 pro Rata + 45p per mile fuel
Job Type: 6 Month fixed term contract – potential to go permanent
Hours: Full time or part time available
Start date: As soon as possible
Carers Trust are proud to announce that we have been asked to support the NHS by providing care in the community to people who have unfortunately contracted the COVID-19 virus.
We are looking to build a specialist COVID-19 team to provide this care. Will you join us and care for the people in need and help our nation fight this virus?
If you were to join us, you will receive additional training in cross-infection/infection control to equip you to deal with clients with COVID-19. You will also be supplied with full Personal Protective Equipment in line with the Public Health England Guidelines for caring with people who have COVID-19.
Care Support Worker - What will you be doing?
- To work alongside discharge and community care teams to provide a ‘hands on’ quality service to Carers and their families
- To be trained to create care and support plans and carry out appropriate risk assessments
- Providing practical and emotional support
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including shopping and light domestic duties
- Support with medication
- Prompting increased fluid intake, ensuring hydration and nutrition levels and provision of meals
- Work as part of a team, liaising with colleagues, other professionals and involve family members to ensure the best possible outcome for patients
- Any issues regarding the support required to be recorded and reported to the Covid-19 specialist team
- To implement and maintain best practice safeguarding procedures for adults, liaising with the appropriate authorities as required
- To continuously monitor and regularly evaluate service delivery ensuring best practice at all times and consulting with clients to identify their levels of satisfaction and future needs, ensuring that any queries or complaints are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- To be flexible and to manage workload carrying out reviews of service when convenient with clients
Why help us to fight this virus? What will you receive in return?
- A salary of £25,000 Pro Rata + 45p per mile fuel
- Full PPE
- Full training including cross-infection / infection control
- Full sick pay
- Flexible working hours
- Full support from the covid-19 team with any queries or issues that you may have, we have a 24-hour Contact Centre which is available for all of our staff members
Care Support Worker - What do we need from you?
- Experience in providing hands on care to the elderly, in a Nursing or Care environment
- A can do attitude
- An up to date DBS in the last 3 years
- Use of your own vehicle
To submit your CV for this Care Support Worker opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now