Care Practitioner - Nights
- Job Reference: 00072459-1
- Date Posted: 29 July 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Christchurch, Dorset
- Salary: £13.99 Per Hour
- Job Type: Permanent
£500 Welcome bonus for Care Practitioners in Christchurch*
We are looking for Care Practitioners that are committed to delivering the very best care, enjoy working in a team, and are looking for their next rewarding career move.
Fairmile Grange Care Home is a luxury 80 bed home managed by Encore Care Homes where we provide specialist care and support to older people delivering nursing, dementia, residential, respite, and palliative care.
Working hours are on a rota basis, including alternate weekends.
In Return We Can Offer You:
* £12.81 - £13.99 (nights) per hour
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
* Paid breaks
* Paid DBS check
* Free meals on duty
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Refer A Friend Reward scheme - earn up to £2,000 per referral
* Personalised training plan
As a Care Practitioner, you will:
* Provide practical, physical, social and emotional care to residents within the comfort of our luxury home
* Perform a range of clinical skills appropriate to the individual resident needs following appropriate delegation from the Registered Nurse. These could include blood pressure, temperature, pulse, oxygen saturation, respirations, neurological observations, blood glucose monitoring, wound dressings and medication administration
* Will write care plans, undertake risk assessments and participate in resident care plan review
* Supervise, mentor and act as a role model for Health Care Assistants and Senior Health Care Assistants
Essential job requirements for a Care Practitioner
* Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
* Have 2 years care home or caring experience as a Senior Health Care Assistant
* Be friendly, kind, honest, reassuring and an effective communicator
* Demonstrate excellent leadership qualities
* Be comfortable to act on instructions and work on your own initiative
Desirable job requirements for a Care Practitioner
* Hold a Level 2 qualification in Safe Handling & Administration of Medicines
* Hold a Level 2 qualification in Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
* Hold a Level 2 qualification in Safeguarding
* Completed training in Emergency First Aid at Work, Pressure Ulcer Care and Prevention, Wound Care, Catheter and Continence, Venepuncture and Nutrition and Hydration with MUST
Encore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check and following a change in government guidelines relating to Care Home employees. Valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
*£250 after successful probation, followed by a further £250 after 1 years service