Care Home Support Worker
- Job Reference: 00073578-1
- Date Posted: 14 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Mickleover, Derby
- Salary: £9.50 to £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Westwood is a well-established and family-owned mental health residential care home located in Mickleover, Derby recently under new management. We pride ourselves on providing a safe and supportive environment for our Residents who require 24-hour care and are actively seeking experienced Care Home Support Workers to join the team to provide support on morning and afternoon shifts. Our morning shifts start at 8am till 2.30pm and afternoon shifts are 2.30pm - 9pm.
Successful applicants will be awarded a £50 signing bonus.
What are we looking for?
* A pro-active experienced individual who shares our passion for providing high levels of care, a NVQ Level 2 and Level 3 Health & Social Care qualification would be preferable, but not essential
* A positive can-do attitude with the ability to confidently provide wakeful night duty cover ensuring a safe environment is maintained, domestic duties are fulfilled and nurse calls are responded to in a timely fashion.
* Strong communication skills with an eye for detail – specifically for keeping accurate and timely records
* An enthusiastic team player who will support the physical, emotional wellbeing and social needs of our Residents while ensuring dignity and individuality is considered in all aspects of care. This may require delivering personal care or administering medication.
* Organised and logical thinkers who will be comfortable following processes to ensure strong standards of care are maintained at all times.
* Compliance with all in-house policies and procedures with particular focus on Fire procedures and Health and Safety guidelines.
Why should you join the team?
* Competitive rate of pay, that will be reviewed following a successful probationary period
* Full on-the-job training
* Full Care Certificate training
* Free on-site parking
* Regular reviews to ensure you are supported in your role and to discuss opportunities for development including NVQ certificates in Health and Social Care.
* Join a team of committed and passionate workers.
As we operate for 24 hours, 7 days a week, we ask that candidates are mindful of this and therefore the need to maintain some flexibility with shift patterns.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we’d love to have you join our Westwood family. Apply now.
Westwood provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £9.50 per hour
COVID-19 precautions are in line with the up-to-date Government guidelines. Currently all staff wear masks at all time and PPE is provided