Care home Cook
|Job Title:||Care home Cook|
|Salary:||£9.05 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-01-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lena Patel|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2019 15:32|
Harrow council - Sancroft
Hours : 35 hrs per week
Hourly rate: £9.05
A new exciting opportunity has just arisen for a qualified and experienced Cook to join our Catering team at Sancroft Community Care. The post holder will have a positive can do, friendly and outgoing attitude to ensure that they fit in with the existing team and thriving environment.
The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient, customer focused Catering service in accordance with the service requirements. As well as this, the post holder will be providing breakfast orders, lunch and suppers to up to 62 residents of the home working as part of a catering team.
They will also be required to plan a nutritious and varied menu in consultation with the residents, relatives, and management of SCC.
The successful candidate will ensure the principles of customer care in regards to older people are applied throughout all working activities to a consistently high standard. They must also ensure that the service retains its 5 stars Environmental Health rating.
The successful candidate will effectively supervise kitchen assistants in accordance with the SCC policies and procedures.
The post holder will be responsible for placing orders, monitoring and controlling stock levels on a weekly basis, keeping concise records and working within a designated budget.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Knowledge of HACCP procedures.
- Be aware of and gain knowledge of relevant, Health, Safety and Welfare regulations, Codes of Practice and procedures.
- Ensure that the operational activities are undertaken in compliance with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.
- To adhere to SCC's health and safety policy and practices throughout all working activities, ensuring proper regard to the health, safety & welfare of yourself and others.
- Work under pressure and to strict deadlines in a demanding environment
- Able to work flexibly in response to the service needs of a 24/7 operation including weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication.
- Qualifications: COSSH and Level 3 Hygiene
Sancroft Community Care Ltd is a company wholly owned by Harrow Council. The home provides residential care for older people and those living with dementia. Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Sancroft Hall is located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's