- Job Reference: 00095900-1
- Date Posted: 12 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
- Salary: £13.00 to £15.00
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Temporary
BBS Recruitment is recruiting for a Care Assistant in Cavendish, Sudbury. As a Care Assistant, it would be your role to enable customers to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care. You would also promote choice to customers in their daily living by providing care which meets Care Quality Commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and supports happy living for the years ahead. Evidence of Covid-19 Vaccination is required. A Care Level 2 Diploma is necessary to be considered for the position. No prior experience of working in a Care Environment is required for this position.
Typically as a Care Assistant you will provide person centred care and support (including laundry, housekeeping and kitchen duties) as identified in the care plan, whilst promoting choice and enabling customers to maintain independence and dignity; assist in keeping the location clean, safe and odour free for customers and undertake key worker duties, building relationships with customers, families and professionals while enriching the wellbeing of customer by assisting in social activities.
Key Skills as Care Assistant
· Ability to read, understand and complete / contribute to care plans.
· Health and safety in the workplace.
· Manual handling procedures.
· Safeguarding vulnerable adults.
· Food hygiene.
· Mental Capacity Act
· Understanding of confidentiality and data protection within a care setting.
· Commitment and passion to provide high quality person centred care.
· Strong interpersonal and empathy skills.
· Approachable attitude.
· Ability to work as part of a team and individually. Ability to prioritise and plan around customer needs