- Job Reference: 00046426-1
- Date Posted: 23 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Stockingford, Warwickshire
- Salary: £9.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for Full Time Care Assistants/Health Care Workers to join our friendly team at Bluebell House, Nuneaton
Working at Bluebell House you will be supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities. We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence.
You will also need to be flexible as you will be required to work shifts including bank holidays and weekends.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment. To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality. To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events. To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required. To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The successful candidate will have:
* NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
* Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
* The ability to keep calm under pressure
* Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills
* The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
* The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
* Induction programme
* Dedicated learning and development programmes
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
* Free DBS check
* Refer a friend scheme’ reward system - earn up to £250 per referral
* Pension scheme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening
* Employee recognition schemes
* Company Share Save Scheme
* CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK.
Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach.
You may be aware of new regulations which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021