£1,000 Welcome Bonus*, £30 Bonus per extra shift, and funded learning opportunities - join Encore and unlock your true potential.
Are you passionate about providing the very best care to residents and making a real difference to people’s lives?
Are you looking for a chance to earn more and develop your career in care?
Would you like to join a growing company and feel like you are part of an extended family, not just a team?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you at Encore Care Homes.
We are looking for dedicated Healthcare Assistants to be part of an exceptional team within our modern, purpose-built care home. Whether you are an experienced carer, or you are new to the care sector, we will provide you with all the support and training that you need to develop your career in care. As such, we are seeking kind, caring, and committed individuals to join us at Encore. You will be part of an ambitious, growing company and supported by a remarkable team.
Your new company:
Great Oaks is managed by Encore Care Homes. We design, build, and operate our own care homes. At Encore, we are changing lives and influencing the culture of care across the county. We strive for outstanding in everything we do and build strong, innovative partnerships with local NHS healthcare experts and universities to ensure we remain at the forefront of clinical excellence, providing our residents with the highest standards of care.
Encore provides the finest care, comfort, companionship and delivers expertise in all five types of elderly care: dementia, nursing, residential, respite and palliative. We pride ourselves on the amazing people who work at each of our care homes and who help to create the feeling of being part of a family – not just a team member. Our teams are integral to making the everyday a special day for residents, and making moments really matter.
We are working hard to become the leading residential care group in the South of England. We need an equally dedicated Healthcare Assistants for our Great Oaks Care Home in Bournemouth to join us on the journey.
Your new Healthcare Assistant role:
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will assist in the delivery of care, which is planned and assessed by Senior Healthcare Assistants and Registered Nurses by directly providing practical, physical, social, and emotional care. HCAs support all residents in a manner that is sensitive to each individual’s needs and wishes, acknowledging their rights and respecting their beliefs at all times.
You will work with indirect supervision to manage your own clinical workload within the given competencies of the post. When required and once fully trained, you will assist with administrating prescribed medication and accurately complete Medication Administration Records (MAR charts).
You will also need to communicate with family, friends, and other healthcare professionals on the resident’s behalf.
Summary of duties:
· Provide and deliver a high standard of nursing, care (i.e. washing, mouth care, toileting, manual handling & mobility), recognising and meeting the specific needs of residents.
· Support residents who may have a wide range of differing requirements and whose needs may range from companionship and domestic support to personal care.
· Join and assist in hobbies or crafts.
· Accompany residents to appointments.
· Write and maintain accurate records of care on a daily basis, maintaining fluid balance and dietary charts, recognising, recording and reporting all adverse findings to nurses.
· Support nutritional needs of residents by assisting with feeding and drinking, reporting on concerns about dietary intake to nurses.
· Assist in the care of maintaining skin integrity over pressure points, recognising and reporting all adverse findings to nurses.
· Assist with prescribed medication and accurately complete Medication Administration Records (MAR charts) in accordance with policies and procedures, where this is part of the care plan.
· Communicate with family, friends and other healthcare professionals on the resident’s behalf.
· Act as a mentor to new Healthcare Assistants participating in induction programmes, and on-going development of their practice.
What You’ll Get In Return:
We believe our team of experts should be recognised and valued. We want you to be happy at work and to truly believe that you are making a huge difference to so many people’s lives – not just our residents’ lives, but their loved ones too, as well as the dedicated team of nurses, carers and supporting roles. As such, we provide the following:
* Salary up to £11.48 per hour and enhanced pay for bank holidays
* £1000 Welcome Bonus*
* Shift Bonuses of £30 for every full shift in addition to contracted hours
* Funded learning opportunities – from HCA to Registered Nursing Associate
* 28 days annual leave per annum (pro-rata) inclusive of bank holidays
* Flexible day and night shifts available
* Paid breaks
* Free meals
* Free uniform
* Birthday gift bag
* Recognition and Rewards programme
* Workplace pension scheme
* Refer A Friend Reward scheme – earn up to £3,000 per referral
* Long Service Awards
* Genuine opportunities for career progression
* Learning & Development: We provide you with a personalised training plan, tailored to your individual needs
What You Need To Succeed:
· No experience in care needed
· Positive, friendly attitude
· Demonstrate good communication skills
· Caring and empathetic approach to work
· Flexibility, the role will include working every other weekend
· Available to work two or three 12 hours shifts per week
We believe brilliant care starts with brilliant people. We are looking for individuals that share in our values so together, we can make moments truly matter. Sometimes it is little things that make a big difference to our residents. We want our staff to bring the following to their role:
* Joyfulness – we believe it’s important for our residents and staff to enjoy themselves
* Spontaneity – go with the flow; no two days are ever the same.
* Creative – find thoughtful and imaginative ways to connect with each resident.
* To feel part of a family – offering a shoulder to lean on and a friendly ear to comfort.
* Full Time, Part Time
What You Need To Do Now:
Click ‘Apply Now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Encore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check and following a change in government guidelines relating to Care Home employees, applicants are required to have valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
*Terms and conditions for Welcome Bonus:
£250 after 6 months’ successful service (subject to completion of probation), followed by a further £750 after 1 years’ successful service