- Job Reference: 00084506-1
- Date Posted: 1 August 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
- Salary: £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
The Launch Group are recruiting for CareMark to find passionate care assistants. NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
**SET RUNS.YOU WILL NOT BE TRAVELING FROM AREA TO AREA. WE WILL KEEP YOU ON A SET RUN. WE PAY MILEAGE AND TRAVEL TIME.**
£10 Per Hour
Summary of role:
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence. The care and support provided by Care and Support Workers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the client’s family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
· To assist clients who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
· To help clients with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment.
· To care for clients who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
· To provide care and support for clients who are terminally ill.
· To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of clients through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
· To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
· To inspect, launder and mend clients’ clothes.
· To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up.
· To read and write reports and be involved in clients’ reviews and training activities.
· To adhere to all Caremark’s policies and procedures at all times.
· To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a client.
· To encourage the independence of clients wherever possible.
It is considered essential that Care and Support Workers possess the following qualities:
· Self motivated & well organised.
· Caring & sensitive to the needs of others.
· Ability to use own initiative.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
Competitive rates of pay.
* Career Advancement.
* Paid Holidays.
Personal protective equipment is provided. We have a Policy for reducing the impact/spread of Covid 19 is in place.
All care workers are entitled to the COVID-19 vaccination.
Adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided.
Caremark Newcastle provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Point 2 we would just like a well rounded program that looks at all aspects and ‘Real Care’ not the facade of nice little old Doris in her clean house just wanting a chat.
Point 3 is very important we need a clean DBS (does not rule out candidate convictions would have to be viewed on a base by base basis) genuine desire to work in the sector to display real caring attitude and empathy I am a manager who will give individuals a chance but it is the individuals choice to sink or swim