Capability & Development, Senior Manager
- Job Reference: 00023393-1
- Date Posted: 15 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £60,000 to £70,000
- Sector: HR / Recruitment, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Capability & Development, Senior Manager
£70k and bens for London base
Sheffield and London – can be based at either location
(WFH during Covid period until April 2021 currently)
Our client is a unique organisation and is on a mission to drive economic growth even further. They successfully partner with a diverse portfolio of customers and are seeking an experienced, Senior Learning and Development/HR professional to join them to drive and support the change that needs to take place across their operating model. This role will suit a highly experienced HR professional and you will lead the development of an operating model which will allow the organisation not only to manage efficiently all their new Covid-19 programmes over the next few years, but also to offer flexibility to incorporate new areas of responsibility as the role of the firm evolves in the future. You will have experience of creating, developing, implementing and achieving measurable success of functional and technical capability frameworks in a L/D/Talent/Capability centre of excellence and the key to success is to build on the strengths and capabilities that they have developed so far.
Your brief will include:
* Building a common understanding of the capabilities this firm needs in relation to people, processes, expertise, systems etc, in order to future proof the organisation and deliver the new programmes.
* Leading the design, delivery and measurable success of their capability and development strategy, ensuring that it is aligned to the firm’s strategic direction and future capability requirements.
* Managing the delivery of their organisation development and learning and development activities, and leading efforts to maximise adoption and foster a growth mind-set across the business.
* Building the effectiveness and capability of managers and employees across the organisation.
* You will act as the organisation’s expert on learning and development, providing skilled advice and support to the business, and ensure that the strategic contribution that people development makes to the organisation is understood.
Your responsibilities will also include:
* Collaborating and partnering with subject experts and senior stakeholders in the design and development of capability frameworks.
* Making recommendations, designing and managing the implementation of capability assessments for internal and external talent.
* Developing and implementing an effective development planning process that aligns with performance management to ensure employees are equipped to deliver in role.
* Establishing approaches and providing line manager guidance to embed development experiences across the organisation.
* Developing and implementing L/D plans, working collaboratively to identify individual and team L/D priorities and meet the desired outcomes.
* Actively managing and tracking project plans.
* Developing programmes and resources to support career development and enable colleagues to own their development.
* Working with the Resourcing team to enable internal mobility.
* Managing the design, development and delivery of a range of integrated L/D solutions to embed company values.
* Sourcing, commissioning and managing specialist third party providers.
* Helping to facilitate workshops across the business to support organisation development and growth plans.
* Collaborating with and supporting leaders on elements of the OD plan relating to any restructuring.
* Increasing colleague participation and involvement with development activities through engagement and promotional activities.
* Introducing evaluation and impact analytics to demonstrate the success and ROI of learning and development delivery and inform future development activities.
* Managing the development budget and Apprenticeship Levy scheme.
* Preparing presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders.
You will have experience of creating and implementing organisation-wide development strategies and programmes, be able to demonstrate experience in capability framework design and capability assessment and in embedding development plans and growth mind-set, in a culture where colleagues own their development. Experience of project management in a change environment is also essential.
Please note all candidates applying for this role should have the right to work in the U.K